Webinar #14 of the Energy Evaluation Academy, in partnership with Leonardo Energy.
Evaluation is intended to provide policy makers and practitioners with feedback and recommendations to improve policy making and implementation. The success of an evaluation and the impact of its findings hinges on the way policy makers and practitioners are involved in and perceive the evaluation process. The more complex the policy, the more challenging this relationship becomes.
Based on the practical example of analysing the evaluation of the Defra’s Reward & Recognition Scheme (RRF), this webinar will explore research insights around these topics:
- Evaluation experiences and challenges;
- Relationship between evaluation and policy-making especially looking at the policy cycle; and
- The understanding and potential use of complexity in policymaking.
The end goal being to unpack how to better conduct evaluations of complex systems and improve evidence-backed policymaking focusing on the UK context but, hopefully, offering lessons that can be extrapolated across other European contexts and to various policy fields.
Webinar 14 – Presentation file
Sara Giorgi, Independent Research Consultant & Evaluator
Further readings about the study presented in this webinar:
- Summary report about the lessons learnt from the evaluation discussed in this webinar.
- Full report about the evaluation presented in this webinar.
- Resources page of the CECAN website (customer of the evaluation)
Time1:00 PM to 2:00 PM CEST
Hosted by Leonardo Energy
OrganizerJointly organised by Energy Evaluation and Leonardo Energy